An independent commission (company representatives, international labor union representatives, workers‘ council representatives) conduct local audits on a regular basis to monitor adherence to social standards.
In 2008, the Faber-Castell Social Charter has been extended to suppliers in collaboration with BWI (Building and Woodworkers International) and IG Metal.
It is the objective of Faber-Castell to only co-operate with contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers who themselves recognize and implement the standards and recommendations.
Faber-Castell Social Charter at a Glance
- Employment is voluntary and can be chosen freely
- No discrimination in employment, equal treatment
- No Child Labor
- Respect for the right of freedom of association and free collective bargaining
- Decent, fair wages
- No excessive working hours
- Safety at work and decent working conditions
- Conditions of employment are defined