If you are having trouble, please try some of the steps below that may help.
- Make sure the plastic container is clean. If you’re reheating, that is fine – no need to clean it out. But be sure there is no external dirt/dust/etc. May need to fish anything out with a spoon before heating/mixing.
- If you are using tap water, try bottled/purified water. If using bottled, try tap water.
- Make sure water is hot. If only warm, it may not dissolve as much as it should. And if reheating, make sure you heat the water, and crunch/stir up the existing crystals as much as possible and keep reheating until it dissolves, and water becomes clear.
- Loosely cover the container with a paper towel. It shouldn’t be sealed tightly with a rubber band or anything. But also shouldn’t be left uncovered.
- Heat & humidity in the room can make a difference, as it could effect the evaporation rate which creates the crystals. If it’s very humid, try using a small fan nearby (though not pointed directly at the container).
- Make sure it’s not being bumped at all. Even vibration could prevent the crystals from forming. It should remain totally undisturbed. Maybe try a different spot if that could be the issue.