If you are having trouble, please try some of the steps below that may help.
- Make sure the plastic container is clean. If you’re reheating an existing solution, there is no need to clean it out, but be sure there is no external dirt/dust/etc. If so, remove with a spoon before heating or mixing.
- If you tried using tap water without success, use the second packet with bottled/purified water. If you tried bottled/purified, try tap water.
- Make sure water is hot. If only warm, the powder may not dissolve as much as it should. If reheating, make sure you heat the water and crunch/stir up the existing crystals as much as possible. Keep reheating until it dissolves, and water becomes clear.
- After heating and mixing, loosely cover the container with a paper towel. It shouldn't be sealed, or left uncovered.
- Heat and humidity in the room can affect crystal growth due to the evaporation rate that creates the crystals. If it's humid, try using a small fan nearby (though not pointed directly at the container).
- Make sure the container is not bumped at all. Even a slight vibration could prevent the crystals from forming. It should remain totally undisturbed.